Hello blog readers!
I’ve moved! The new blog can be found here: www.l-and-company.com/blog.
It’s the same old blog you see here but with updated features and a new layout. I think you’ll like it a lot. Make sure you check it out and subscribe. I won’t be posting on this URL anymore so the subscription you have now is void.
It’s quite a makeover. If you visit now, you’ll find a welcome message from me as well as TUESDAY LOVE!
xo. Stay Inspired,
I was inspired by Elsie over at a Beautiful Mess to share 10 habits of mine. She has some pretty silly habits, as do I, but I loved getting to know her a little more by reading about her weird habits! Here are a few of mine…
2. Frozen yogurt is my favorite desert ever.
6. I continually sit with one foot under by butt until my foot falls asleep and gets tingly. I don’t mean to do it, but naturally I do.
7. I’ve read at least one wedding blog almost every day since I’ve been engaged. I’m afraid I will have the post wedding blues.
8. I cry a lot… probably about once a week. I cry over things I probably don’t need to cry about.
9.I hate answering my phone. I would rather listen to a voicemail or text back. Bad, I know.
10. I listen to the same quickmix everyday on Pandora when I’m designing. It consists of: Lily Allen, She & Him, Ingrid Michaelson, Jenny Lewis, The Shins, Joshua Radin, Death Cab for Cutie, Feist, Regina Spektor, Coldplay, State Radio and more. It’s perfect.
That’s it! Feel free to share your weird habits! :)
Over the last week, I’ve had a couple of projects that have required me to look through lots and lots of stock photos. For those of you that don’t know, stock photos can be purchased by anyone to be used commercially. I couldn’t help but share some of the strangest stock photos I’ve ever seen. (All credit goes to istock.com and the terrific photographers they accept photos from.)
My favorite season is fall. I LOVE it. I do wish San Diego had a real fall though… it was 70 degrees today. In honor of fall, here are 10 things that I love.
1. What’s on your fall menu?
2. “I want a girl who gets up early, I want a girl who stays up late, I want a girl with uninterupted prosperity who uses a machete to cut through red tape. I want a girl with a short shirt and a long, long, jacket.” I want to be that girl.
4. Pumpkin muffins. Yum.
6. The coolest pumpkins I ever did see.
7. Fall cupcakes.
8. Ah hahahhaha.
10. Fall in the city.
Anything you would like to see on the blog? I’m working on a spiffy new revamp (and hoping to post a little more often than every Tuesday). Drop me a line!
Hello! It’s Tuesday and we all know what that means… more things to love!
Today I am tired. And sniffly. And completely unproductive, not out of choice. Where does all the time go when you are feeling sick? :/ Too bad the world doesn’t stop! Anyways, enough complaining, here’s a few things to make your day better.
2. This video with a girl named Bianca. A good reminder that God created and knows our purpose.
3. I like lettering.
4. This one is dedicated to Tiffany McHugh who is in Paris right now on her honeymoon! That could be her (well, with brown hair).
5. Color coordinated books are pretty cool.
6. I want a little corner just for me. Don’t you?
7. This is such a cool idea for storing and displaying your necklaces. Easy too!
8. I love pumpkins, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin decorations, and pumpkin seeds.
9. Celebrity JCrew ad. Yay.
10. Sexy boudoir picture. L & Co. has gone risque.
Happy Tuesday. Stay out of the rain. Eat some pumpkin muffins. Drink a chai tea latte. Stay cozy.
This one goes out to all my camera-loving (girl)friends out there! If you’re anything like me, I hate taking my DSLR with me because I’m always worried I will scratch a lens or break it somehow. Well, here’s a perfect solution.
Jo Totes makes these wonderful bags/purses that have a spot just for your lens, camera, and extra accessories… and they are cuuuute (and vintage-inspired)! It sure beats carrying an ugly black camera bag.
Here’s 10 more things that I LOVE!
1. Talk about mind maps and RAP!
2. Pretty makeup.
3. Although I am absolutely NOT a fan of tattooing someone’s name on yourself, I love the tattoo.
4. Have you heard of the sketchbook project? It’s pretty cool.
5. Oh, Marilyn… before photoshop and looking good.
6. Oh em gee. I would have died for this when I was little.
7. It’s a secret. I can’t tell you.
8. The best bookshelf I ever did see. It was also designed and built by a graphic designer. Neato.
9. I love, love, love the bubble series. I think I always will. Melvin Sokolsky is so smart.
10. I love this illustration from Freya Art.